May 16, 2012

End of the School Year Teacher Gifts

After a bit of a crafting break- thanks to this semesters classes kicking my butt- I have finally had some time to craft.  I finished my school semester yesterday with my MicroBiology final!  It is so nice to get a bit of a break.  But the end of the school year means that it is time to put my crafting powers to work and get teacher gifts done.  I have spent the last two days working my butt off to get the gifts completed for my boys 6 preschool teachers and the directors of the center.  For the last three years  my boys have attended the Early Childhood Lab school at the college I attend.  The go when I go.  So, the teachers and staff there have become our extended family.  At the end of each semester I attempt to create something crafty for each of them to let them know that we appriciate all that they do.  This year in addition to attending the lab school, my oldest son attends the public school PreK program two days a week, so I also created something for the two teachers he has there.  Hopefully, they will like it!

The flowers were cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, the Apple, school house, and book are from the Recess Lite Cartridge, the "chalk board" was cut using George and Basic shapes.  The "math" phrase was stamped onto the books using CTMH stamps. The flowers were cut using the Dotty For You paper pack available until the end of this month from CTMH, and the chalk board I used chalkboard vinyl for the top layer to make it an actual eraseable surface...so let me know what you think, because I love reading your suggestions and opinions! 















2 comments:

  1. These look so great and bright. Great idea. Glad your survived the semester and can relax a little!!

    ReplyDelete