November 3, 2010

Simply yet elegant

This is a card I made this summer as a sample for my demo days.  For those of you who don't know, I was an ASM/ Provocraft rep at a Michaels store in IL.  I am still technically employed by them, but there haven't been any demos since August at my store.  I do have two upcomming dates for the holidays so stay tuned to see more projects from work. 

I wanted to make a project from paper that really highlighted how beautiful the cuts are on the Elegant Cakes Cartridge. 


This was a fairly simple project, but ti turned out beautifully.  The card base is a whitewashed blue paper.  I embossed it using my cuttlebug and the swiss dots folder.  After the card was embossed I lightly sanded to bring out the blue color.  The flower swirls were cut from a blue glimmer card stock, and the pink flowers were also cut from a glimmer cardstock.  I added an accent strip of the pink paper and some bling. 



The phrase on the inside of the card was also cut from the elegant cakes cartridge from the pink paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment