August 9, 2012

Donation box

Just a quick and easy project tonight.  I was asked to make a donation box for a group in my community called Pingree Grove Cares.  It is really an amazing group that is focused on volunteer work in our small town and making sure that our community supports each other.  They host all sorts of events including a fall coat drive, summer school supply treasure hunt, arrange meals for those who need them, and so many other things.  Recently a little boy in our town was hit by a car and badly injured.  The group is taking cash donations to help support the family in this very difficult time.  I was asked to make the donation box that was used during national night out this week and wanted to share it with you. 

It is really a very simple project, but it turned out quite nicely.  I started with a simple recycled shipping box and covered it with scrapbook paper=-  I choose a bright neutral pattern that stands out, but can be used for many occasions.  I cut eh words donation (top) and Pingree Grove Cares (sides) from glossy outdoor vinyl and attached them to the box.  The print layer was done on my computer using custom margins in my word program to get the exact proportions I needed.  I then matted the text on black cardstock.  I used some repossitionable adhesive to hold the matted font layer to the front of the box making it completely removable so that the box can be reused.  To finish it off I added a quick bow out of tulle. 













No comments:

Post a Comment