August 18, 2012

Paper Tea Cup to hold my stick pins

I just want to share a quick project that I made to help organize my craft room.  I recently participated in a stick pin swap with some of my friends from the Cricut Circle.  For each group you participated in you made 20 sets of pin, then sent them in for swapping.  At the end you recieved 20 sets of pin (one of your orginals and 19 created by other crafters).  I participated in two of the groups, and got back 40 sets of pins (2 or 3 per set).  They are all so unique and lovely.  The problem was, I had two gallon size bags full of these goodies and I really needed to get them organized. 

I cut this cute tea cup using a cut file from SVGcuts.com and then added the flowers vines that were cut using my cricut and the Artiste Cartridge.  I really loved the combination of the cricut and SVG cuts.  After assembing the cup and saucer I covered a styrofoam ball with some scrap fabric and then used it as a pin cusion.  I really love the end result. 







5 comments:

  1. So pretty! Such a great idea for all those stick pins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cute! I think I have a teacup file somewhere; I'm totally copying this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutly stunning this turned out awesome and will be such a nice addition to your pins TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missie, this is so creatively cute!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Missie...I am so going to do this.

    ReplyDelete