Like so many others I have had nothing but problems with the tiny little pieces on the disney cartridges. I recently made Cinderellas for my Disney trip and decided to try something different. For the Cindys I cut the base layer in skin tone and colored in all the areas that would have been black with marker instead of cutting a seperate layer.
When beginning tink I started out the same way. So, here is the way that turned out...and be sure to read on as I did a second tink method after I tried this.
This is her hair and wings colored in in black.
After adding hair and wings I colored in her dress and shoes in black and drew in the detail lines
I then added her dress and shoes, colored in her face with gel pens and added a shaddow layer