January 6, 2012

surprise- we are going to Disney World



Today we are flying to Flordia to take a quick break before school starts up again in a week.  My husband and I have elected to not tell our boys that we are going on the trip or the details of the trip!  We have done this mostly to avoid the hyperactivity that surrounds a trip & the lack of sleep.   I have set post up a few days in advance, but if all is on schedule we should be on a plane to FL right now with the boys. 

And if you are a regular visitor here, you should know that I love making shirts!  So, what's a trip to FL & Disney World without a dorky set of matching shirts for the whole family?!?!?



This years design was created using SCAL, and my cricut.  I found a fun dingbat online that had the Fantasia Mickey hat, then added the date and phrase.   While this was pretty simple to created I love the end result!  I used black glitter HTV for three of the shirts (mine and the boys) and as my hubby was dead set against wearing a glittery shirt, his is made out of regular HTV. 



Last years WDW shirts can be seen HERE

7 comments:

  1. Oh that's so cool! Hope you have a wonderful time! Fill us in when you get back.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your trip is wonderful and your will all look great in your shirts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! I hope you are having SOOOO much fun right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great great job. THIS are so adorable. I love the details and design. Fantastic idea. I know who to call when I'm ready to go to Disney.

    Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please place a link to download the hat dingbat. I'm not having any luck finding one. I LOVE these shirts! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debgee here is the dingbat I used http://www.dafont.com/mouse-tags.font

    ReplyDelete