June 9, 2011

We are moving










This summer my family and I will be moving into a new house.  While the move is local we have struggled over how to tell our neighbors know that we are moving.  We have the best next door neighbors that anyone could ask for.  Our family and their built our homes at the same time, and we moved in within months of each other.  For the last 5 years they have been more like family than neighbors.  We have celebrated holidays together, enjoyed endless time together, and we love like family.  They are so good to us, and we are going to miss them dearly.  Telling them that we are going to move was one of the most difficult parts of this process so far.  I couldn't find the words, though I stuggled to do so for weeks.  Finally, I decided that making a hand made card was the best I could do.  I put much thought into the card, and really worked to make it just right.  It took all of about 2 minutes after handing it to them for me to be a complete wreck,  I was crying in the lawn in a way I have never done- and hope to never do again.  I know that leaving and moving on is something they do not understand, but we need to do what's best for our family and our future.  I hope in time they will come to understand that and we can continue to be like family!



Inside the card- pop up house


4 comments:

  1. a wonderful card. Congrats on the move and rememebr now you have excuses to invite them over to celebrate the new home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Sorry this was so hard for you but the move is in your best interest and they will come to understand that. Good luck in the move and let me know if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Your pop up house is too cute. Congrats on your new home, and I'm sorry you're having to move away from such great neighbors. That is always hard.

    ReplyDelete