June 11, 2011

Weekly Challenge- Father's day Sketch Card

Every week the Cricut Circle sponsors a challenge on their blog.  It is meant to encourage you to try new things and inspire crafting.  This week's challenge is as follows:

Weekly Challenge #34: Father’s Day Card Sketch Challenge!

The Challenge: Get a headstart on Father’s Day and create a greeting card using the sketch provided below. Have fun!
Rules and Guidelines: Circle Blog Challenges are open to Cricut Circle Members only. Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include atleast 2 Cricut Image Cuts. You must submit a project to be entered into the Challenge Prize Drawing. One entry per person, please.
How to Enter: Submit your entry using the InLinkz tool found at the bottom of this post. Please post your full name along with your entry. Entries are due by 9:00 pm MST on Thursday, June 23rd, 2011.
Prize: This week the winner may choose to have $25 added to their Cricut.com. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery from winner announcement.
Winner: The winner will be selected randomly from qualifying entries using www.random.org and will be announced on the Cricut Circle Blog on Friday, June 24th, 2011.

 

I do not always participate in the challenges, but as I needed to create a few Father's day cards I thought I would give this one a try.  This card is for my son Blake to give to his dad.  I enlisted his help to write the letters D A D on the circles for the front of the card.  He also got to use my 1 inch circle punch to cut the circles out of white cardstock.



I used DCWV paper from the all about boys stack for the fun backgrounds.  The Rocket and shooting stars were cut using my cricut and the Everyday Paperdolls cartridge.   I cut the rocket out twice once in silver (which I embossed with my Cuttlebug) and once from a patterned cardstock.  To add some depth to the shooting stars I applied some glitter and microbeads to the cut. 







5 comments:

  1. Your card is "Out Of This World"! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is rockin....love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this card.

    Hugs
    Dusti

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card. I am all into folded cards right now...I think they are sooooo creative!
    Hugs
    Deanne
    http://deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/2011/06/welcome-travelers-if-you-are-looking.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute card. I love the rocket. I'm making my Dad a birthday card with a rocket. His birthday and Fathers day are right around the same corner, but I always like to make 2 different cards.

    callahancountrybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete