June 3, 2011

Card of the week 5-30-2011



This week I sent my dear friend Tracy a set of cards rather than just a single card.  I was on vacation last week and didn't get a package out, so I thought this would be a good time to send a little something extra.  I made three different types of card that all coordinate.  This was such a fun project because it was really outside of my norm. 



This is the first type of card.  I used the YUDU card shop to screen print the bird onto the patterned paper.  I have to say at first I really didn't love the card shop, but the more I play with it the more I like it.  I have found that I get much cleaner prints if I just lay the screen over the paper skip using the frame.  In my opinion that is great news for everyone, because in reality all you need is a screen not the actual card shop.  So you could skip the big purchase and just buy some of the preprinted screens! 





This is card type number 2.  Again I used the cardshop to get the "just a note" phrase onto the card.  For the flower I used the mother's day cricut cartridge- one of my absolute favorites.  The close up shows some of the glitter effect in the ink I used.  To get this look I mixed some silver and black ink.  I actually had this already mixed up from a previous project so it was perfect for this card. 







This is the third card type.  Again I used the card shop.  It was hard to get a good photo of the inking due to the silver being so reflective, but I think you get the idea.  For the flower I used the directions provided by Elizabeth a few weeks ago on her blog.  I did make a few minor changes, but I followed her basic directions.  I think Liz is a great source of inspiration so be sure to go and check out her blog!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed these simple cards and I hope my friend enjoys them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment