October 18, 2010

It has been a very busy weekend

This weeked was crazy busy!  Spent all day Saturday photographing a wedding.  I had been so nervous about the endevour.  I am not by any stretch a professional photographer.  I am more of a hobbiest.  I love taking pictures, but can't imagine a world where anyone would pay me to do it (it would be like being paid to scrapbook- too good to be true).  Anyway, a few months ago a friend of the family approached me about doing photos for his wedding.  The bride and groom are both pretty young and didn't have a ton of money to pay a professional photographer.  They asked if I would do it for a lesser fee.  I thought long and hard about this before agreeing.  In the end, I agreed to do the photos but told them I was uncomfortable taking any payment.  This was a good learning experience for me, so I feel that we all gained something from the experience. 

So, over the next few days I will be posting some photos from the wedding.  I will also be posting a few projects I helped with to make this wedding a success.  I have been friends with the grooms aunt for years- and she hosted the reception.  I helped with a few things for the party and will be showing those as well.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds interesting. Days that are close to wedding are always busy not only for the couple but for all the loved ones too. I am also excited about my best friend’s ceremony that is in the next month at one of the destination wedding venues Los Angeles. I am just rushing here and there for gifts, outfits and other stuff.

    ReplyDelete