October 24, 2010

Think Pink Project for hooscrafty.com

The gals over at Hoo's Crafty are sponsoring a wonderful challenge this week.  They are asking people to come up with a project that will help inspire monthly breast- self exams.  I worked on creating a project for the challenge and here it is.

I altered my calendar to reflect the think pink mentality.  I covered the book, added ribbon, buttons, bling, and charms. 

Here is the final product...then I will break down a few steps.

So I started by covering the calendar a pink stripped paper.  This was the original book
I cut Believe, the ribbon, and the butterfly using the PINK JOURNEY cartridge and my imagine.  I choose several colors of pink in the RGB screen and flood filled the images.  They were printed and cut on shrinky-dink film.  Then shrunk using my heat gun.  This was my first experience with the shrink film and I goofed the first set.  I didn't have my blade set deep enough and then the film slipped.  I was able to salvage butterfly and ribbon but had to toss the courage.  I then printed the believe on what was left of the shrink film then cut that our with a spellbinders die and my cuttle bug.



Next I cut out the word courage out of glitter cardstock using my expression machine.  Added a wide ribbon and some buttons and bling at the bottom of the front cover and made a ribbon out of satin ribbon. 


I attached the shrinky dink charms to ribbon and added some ribbon to the binding of the calendar.  I made sure to leave the ribbons on the charms long enough to use them as page markers.


Added a bit more bling


And last but not least I added a pink button to the 15th of every month to remind me to do a self exam



2 comments:

  1. I love the pink button idea. It's subtle enough that you don't need to explain it, but its perfect for you to remember! Great idea. I still haven't used the shrinks....nervous!!

    Thanks for adding this to our contest!

    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liza. This was my first attempt at the shrinky-dinks... I think I may have over heated the one that says believe as it turned a bit yellow. I like the overall result, but need to be a bit more careful next time.

    ReplyDelete